Feeding on Jesus - The Bread Of Life

Jesus said, ‘I am the Bread of Life; he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst’(John 6:35). Jesus had enemies - ‘The Jews then murmured at Him, because He said, “I am the bread which comes down from heaven”’(John 6:41). Christ’s enemies are still with us. They ‘murmur among themselves’(John 6:43). How are we to respond to this situation? We must feed on Jesus Christ, ‘the Living Bread’(John 6:51). Whatever difficulties we may face, the Lord provides for us: ‘You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies’(Psalm 23:5). We have His invitation: ‘O taste and see that the Lord is good!’(Psalm 34:8). With His provision and invitation, let us make our response: ‘We taste Thee, O Thou living Bread, and long to feast upon Thee still’(Church Hymnary, 571).